Monday, September 14, 2009

Will a relationship last across a cultural divide?

This is a pretty tough question to answer especially since my busted relationships were always with people from the same (sorta) cultural backgrounds as me.

I guess it all depends on what is important to you and just how much you are willing to compromise.

In my current relationship:
  • He is English (obviously, being a Leprechaun and all)
  • but he understands my language
  • He is allergic to cats
  • but after 2 years he has conversations (just like me) with the cat
  • I really never liked spending too much time with parentals
  • but I like his and don't mind seeing them (besides... I like Leprechauns)
  • I really hate cooking
  • but I cook for him - sometimes
  • We make decisions together
  • but also have things we do apart
What is important in a relationship and how do you know if it will work for you?
  • Can you see yourself becoming part of a team?
  • Does he/she take your interests/likes/dislikes into consideration before planning something?
  • Do you like his/her skew nose/mouth or teeth - or can you stand that weird laugh?
  • Do you feel special after the newness wore off?

No comments: